Innovation Igniter - Virtual
October 18, 2022 - November 15, 2022
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Ignite innovation by learning the fundamentals of a proven, repeatable process that enables you to innovate with confidence.
Through the Innovation Igniter program, you will learn to apply a reliable, repeatable innovation system to address the challenges of the day.
WHO IT’S FOR
The Innovation Igniter program is for leaders and teams who need the innovative mindset, skills, and tools required to overcome the biggest challenges and seize the greatest opportunities that exist in the world today.
WHY LEARN TO INNOVATE?
- We have all experienced disruption to our work
- We need new solutions to new problems
- We need to learn the skills to keep up to and lead change
- We need to invigorate a new economy with meaningful innovations
Everyone talks about innovation as the key to company (and career) success in this rapidly changing world. Few have had an opportunity to learn a front-to-back system to innovate – until now.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You will learn a proven, repeatable system for innovation that will accelerate your organization’s growth, while building the skillset required to quickly respond to emerging challenges or opportunities. Skills you will learn include:
- How to create ideas and problem solve (with methods 8x more effective than brainstorming)
- How to use proven tools and techniques to grow your innovation skillset
- How to develop, communicate, test and validate ideas to show return on investment
- How to take an idea from inspiration to launch – FAST
HOW IT WORKS
- Convenient online digital classes: Before attending each module, you will watch a few training videos to give you a foundation of knowledge prior to attending the live class. There will be a total of 4-hours of videos for this course.
- Practical hands-on modules: Since you will watch your training videos prior to each module, we will spend our live class together on practical hands on activities.
- Post-training application and coaching support: With the help of your innovation coach, you’ll complete your coursework by applying your new innovation skills and tools in the real world.
- Tuesday, October 18
- Tuesday, October 25
- Tuesday, November 1
- Tuesday, November 8
- Tuesday, November 15
Module 1: Reframe
Innovation shouldn't be a buzzword in your vocabulary, it should be a system that you harness. Learn how taking a systems-thinking approach to your next project can provide clarity throughout the project and maximize your ultimate impact.
Module 2: COMMUNICATE INNOVATION CHALLENGES
Learn how to use a Blue Card to clearly communicate your innovation challenge and elicit meaningfully unique ideas that are in direct alignment with your strategic goals.
- Skill 1 — Meaningful Uniqueness
- Skill 2 — Strategy Activation - Blue Card
Module 3: Generate Ideas
Meaningfully unique ideas don't just land in your lap—they are crafted by fusing smaller half-formed ideas into a single gem. Learn how to leverage the power of stimulus and diversity to create large quantities of ideas to drive innovation.
- Skill 3 — Stimulus & Diversity
- Skill 4 — Exploring Stimulus
- Skill 5 — Create Session
Module 4: COMMUNICATE IDEAS
Communicating your ideas is as important as communicating your challenges. Learn how to write with clarity and focus by including what is necessary and cutting the rest. Then take it one step further by including useful numbers that support your ideas.
- Skill 6 — Concept Alignment - Yellow Cards
- Skill 7 — Concept Improvement
- Skill 8 — Estimating Concept Value
Module 5: PLAN, DO, STUDY, ACTGet smarter without wasting your time, energy, or resources. Ideas start off as a loosely interconnected network of thoughts. Through Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) cycles, those ideas are refined into fully-formed paths forward. Learn how to identify critical risks associated with your idea and land at a well-formulated business case for implementation.
- Skill 9 — Plan, Do, Study, Act
- Skill 10 — PDSA Best Practices
- Skill 11 — PDSA Concept Prototypes
- Skill 12 — PDSA Functional Prototypes
Curious about why we’ve moved from Quick Start to Igniter? Check out the FAQ below:
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Kathy’s energy and experience supporting strategy and innovation projects are invaluable when working with teams and organizations. Her focus on collaboration brings an intuitive approach to the work when facilitating innovation programs, strategic planning engagements, and breakthrough workshops.
With 10 years of experience driving cross-departmental strategic initiatives for the Government of Manitoba, Kathy has a passion for team alignment, and clarity of expectations. Kathy brings an academic understanding of human cognition, which allows her to blend theory with experience to ask tough questions that propel teams forward. Together these experiences make Kathy a dynamic trainer who brings learners along quickly for maximum impact.
Working with inVision Edge
Learn to apply reliable processes that foster innovation at all levels of your organization.
Powerful Yet Simple Systems and Tools
You will come away with access to many innovation-focused systems and tools you can use to accelerate innovation in your organization.
Great Things Guarantee
If you're not satisfied with your training, you get your money back. Guaranteed.