Innovation Igniter - Virtual
February 28, 2023 - March 28, 2023
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Ignite innovation by learning the fundamentals of a proven, repeatable process that enables you to innovate with confidence.
Through the Innovation Igniter program, you will learn to apply a reliable, repeatable innovation system to address the challenges of the day.
WHO IT’S FOR
The Innovation Igniter program is for leaders and teams who need the innovative mindset, skills, and tools required to overcome the biggest challenges and seize the greatest opportunities that exist in the world today.
WHY LEARN TO INNOVATE?
- We have all experienced disruption to our work
- We need new solutions to new problems
- We need to learn the skills to keep up to and lead change
- We need to invigorate a new economy with meaningful innovations
Everyone talks about innovation as the key to company (and career) success in this rapidly changing world. Few have had an opportunity to learn a front-to-back system to innovate – until now.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You will learn a proven, repeatable system for innovation that will accelerate your organization’s growth, while building the skillset required to quickly respond to emerging challenges or opportunities. Skills you will learn include:
- How to create ideas and problem solve (with methods 8x more effective than brainstorming)
- How to use proven tools and techniques to grow your innovation skillset
- How to develop, communicate, test and validate ideas to show return on investment
- How to take an idea from inspiration to launch – FAST
Rave reviews for innovation igniter
HOW IT WORKS
- Convenient online digital classes: Before attending each module, you will watch a few training videos to give you a foundation of knowledge prior to attending the live class. There will be a total of 4-hours of videos for this course.
- Practical hands-on modules: Since you will watch your training videos prior to each module, we will spend our live class together on practical hands on activities.
- Post-training application and coaching support: With the help of your innovation coach, you’ll complete your coursework by applying your new innovation skills and tools in the real world.
- Tuesday, February 28
- Tuesday, March 7
- Tuesday, March 14
- Tuesday, March 21
- Tuesday, March 28
innovation Igniter PREVIEW
Watch the video below for a preview of the Innovaton Igniter program and an overview of the Innovation Engineering system.
Module 1: Reframe
Innovation shouldn't be a buzzword in your vocabulary, it should be a system that you harness. Learn how taking a systems-thinking approach to your next project can provide clarity throughout the project and maximize your ultimate impact.
Module 2: COMMUNICATE INNOVATION CHALLENGES
Learn how to use a Blue Card to clearly communicate your innovation challenge and elicit meaningfully unique ideas that are in direct alignment with your strategic goals.
- Skill 1 — Meaningful Uniqueness
- Skill 2 — Strategy Activation - Blue Card
Module 3: Generate Ideas
Meaningfully unique ideas don't just land in your lap—they are crafted by fusing smaller half-formed ideas into a single gem. Learn how to leverage the power of stimulus and diversity to create large quantities of ideas to drive innovation.
- Skill 3 — Stimulus & Diversity
- Skill 4 — Exploring Stimulus
- Skill 5 — Create Session
Module 4: COMMUNICATE IDEAS
Communicating your ideas is as important as communicating your challenges. Learn how to write with clarity and focus by including what is necessary and cutting the rest. Then take it one step further by including useful numbers that support your ideas.
- Skill 6 — Concept Alignment - Yellow Cards
- Skill 7 — Concept Improvement
- Skill 8 — Estimating Concept Value
Module 5: PLAN, DO, STUDY, ACTGet smarter without wasting your time, energy, or resources. Ideas start off as a loosely interconnected network of thoughts. Through Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) cycles, those ideas are refined into fully-formed paths forward. Learn how to identify critical risks associated with your idea and land at a well-formulated business case for implementation.
- Skill 9 — Plan, Do, Study, Act
- Skill 10 — PDSA Best Practices
- Skill 11 — PDSA Concept Prototypes
- Skill 12 — PDSA Functional Prototypes
Curious about why we’ve moved from Quick Start to Igniter? Check out the FAQ below:
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Rhonda’s commitment and drive for innovation stems from her passion to help organizations and their employees ‘win’. Her innovation certification (Black Belt – Innovation Engineering), along with executive level experience in functional areas such as Human Resources, Information Technology and Customer Service, means she is well equipped to support teams on their journey from challenge/opportunity identification through idea generation, concept testing, and solution implementation.
A certified Innovation Engineering Black Belt, Rhonda is a systems thinker who supports clients with project work as well as integration of the Innovation Engineering system with existing business systems (ex. Lean, Agile/Scrum, and Stage-Gate) to maximize their results. She is often sought out as a coach to support practitioners and leaders driving for transformation in their respective organizations.
Why Work With inVision?
Working with inVision Edge
Learn to apply reliable processes that foster innovation at all levels of your organization.
Powerful Yet Simple Systems and Tools
You will come away with access to many innovation-focused systems and tools you can use to accelerate innovation in your organization.
Great Things Guarantee
If you're not satisfied with your training, you get your money back. Guaranteed.