January 25, 2022 - February 22, 2022
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Through the Quick Start Program you will apply a reliable, repeatable innovation system to address the challenges of the day.
Our world is changing rapidly, and we need the skills to create innovative solutions to unique problems now! Through the Innovation Quick Start program, you will learn how to make change happen regardless of your position in the company, prior experience or current familiarity with innovation systems. Through our blended approach to virtual delivery, we will coach you through the process of transformation for today.
Why Learn to Innovate?
- We have all experienced disruption to our work
- We need new solutions to new problems
- We need to learn the skills to keep up to and lead change
- We need to invigorate a new economy with meaningful innovations
Everyone talks about innovation as the key to company (and career) success in this rapidly changing world. Few have had an opportunity to learn a front-to-back system to innovate – until now.
You will learn:
When taking Innovation Quick Start, you will learn the skills, tools, and systems of innovation, including:
- How to create ideas and problem solve (with methods 8x more effective than brainstorming)
- How to use proven tools and techniques to grow your innovation skillset
- How to develop, communicate, test and validate ideas to show return on investment
- How to take an idea from inspiration to launch – FAST
What makes it different?
- Convenient online digital classes: Before attending each module, you will watch a few training videos to give you a foundation of knowledge prior to attending the live class. There will be a total of 4-hours of videos for this course.
- Practical hands-on modules: Since you will watch your training videos prior to each module, we will spend our live class together on practical hands on activities.
- Post-training application and coaching support: With the help of your innovation coach, you’ll complete your coursework by applying your new innovation skills and tools in the real world.
Weekly classes on Tuesdays from 9-11:30 AM CST
Optional group coaching on Thursdays from 11-11:30 AM CST
Module 1: Reframe
Innovation shouldn't be a buzzword in your vocabulary, it should be a system that you harness. Learn how taking a systems-thinking approach to your next project can provide clarity throughout the project and maximize your ultimate impact.
Module 2: COMMUNICATE INNOVATION CHALLENGES
Learn how to use a Blue Card to clearly communicate your innovation challenge and elicit meaningfully unique ideas that are in direct alignment with your strategic goals.
- Skill 1 — Meaningful Uniqueness
- Skill 2 — Strategy Activation - Blue Card
Module 3: Generate Ideas
Meaningfully unique ideas don't just land in your lap—they are crafted by fusing smaller half-formed ideas into a single gem. Learn how to leverage the power of stimulus and diversity to create large quantities of ideas to drive innovation.
- Skill 3 — Stimulus & Diversity
- Skill 4 — Exploring Stimulus
- Skill 5 — Create Session
Module 4: COMMUNICATE IDEAS
Communicating your ideas is as important as communicating your challenges. Learn how to write with clarity and focus by including what is necessary and cutting the rest. Then take it one step further by including useful numbers that support your ideas.
- Skill 6 — Concept Alignment - Yellow Cards
- Skill 7 — Concept Improvement
- Skill 8 — Estimating Concept Value
Module 5: PLAN, DO, STUDY, ACTGet smarter without wasting your time, energy, or resources. Ideas start off as a loosely interconnected network of thoughts. Through Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) cycles, those ideas are refined into fully-formed paths forward. Learn how to identify critical risks associated with your idea and land at a well-formulated business case for implementation.
- Skill 9 — Plan, Do, Study, Act
- Skill 10 — PDSA Best Practices
- Skill 11 — PDSA Concept Prototypes
- Skill 12 — PDSA Functional Prototypes
Achieve your internationally-recognized Innovation Engineering Blue Belt certification by successfully completing your assignments within sixty days following training.
Meet your instructors
Rhonda’s commitment and drive for innovation stems from her passion to help organizations and their employees ‘win’. Her innovation certification (Black Belt – Innovation Engineering), along with executive level experience in functional areas such as Human Resources, Information Technology and Customer Service, means she is well equipped to support teams on their journey from challenge/opportunity identification through idea generation, concept testing, and solution implementation.
A certified Innovation Engineering Black Belt, Rhonda is a systems thinker who supports clients with project work as well as integration of the Innovation Engineering system with existing business systems (ex. Lean, Agile/Scrum, and Stage-Gate) to maximize their results. She is often sought out as a coach to support practitioners and leaders driving for transformation in their respective organizations.
Kathy’s energy and experience supporting strategy and innovation projects are invaluable when working with teams and organizations. Her focus on collaboration brings an intuitive approach to the work when facilitating innovation programs, strategic planning engagements, and breakthrough workshops.
With 10 years of experience driving cross-departmental strategic initiatives for the Government of Manitoba, Kathy has a passion for team alignment, and clarity of expectations. Kathy brings an academic understanding of human cognition, which allows her to blend theory with experience to ask tough questions that propel teams forward. Together these experiences make Kathy a dynamic trainer who brings learners along quickly for maximum impact.
Ryan is a highly motivated, results oriented people developer who engages teams and individuals with enthusiasm. With a talent for gathering teams around a compelling vision, he is passionate about facilitation of group discussions that include innovation, the improvement of systems, gains in efficiency and increased employee engagement.
With 10 years in Operational Leadership in Telecommunications, Ryan has led multiple transformation initiatives. His teams lead the country in quality and productivity contributing to multi-million-dollar revenue growth while consistently improving employee engagement.
As a facilitator and coach Ryan is talented at providing clear learning expectations and setting challenging goals. He blends humour with a clear focus on outcomes and a passion for execution on strategy.